Thursday, August 6, 2009

With Sympathy - 3 Challenges in 1

First of all, I haven't forgotten that I need to draw a winner from my AdornIt blog hop post, but I have been busy with a family reunion, design team commitments and now an ill baby, so I will get to it this weekend.

Now on to the card that I created with 3 different challenges. The first challenge is Kazan's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. I also took the challenge from The Pink Stamper to use a technique that you just had to have when you started scrapbooking and one of the first things I bought was the color spritzer tool from Stampin' Up!® that creates a misty splattered look with the ink from the Stampin' Up!® pens. My third challenge was from Use It blog to create a card based on this ad:
as well as a tool you haven't used for at least 6 months (I had to blow the dust off of my color spritzer tool). The other part of this challenge, I couldn't do (so I may be disqualified) is to use the letter stickers....I don't have any of those because since I have my Cricut, I don't buy them and have donated or given my children all of my letter stickers, so I stamped a sentiment instead. When I first saw this ad, I thought instantly of the Exotic Blooms stamp set from Stampin' Up!®.

Stampin Up!® Supplies:
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Whisper White
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue
Other: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Vintage brads, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Scallop edge punch
Non-Stampin' Up!® product: Provo Craft Cuttlebug and embossing folder

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous card! love the color combination! I hope your baby is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love the colors - soo cute. Way to rock 3 challenges Amy
    Thanks for including us
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did a good job with these challenges. I think sympathy cards are hardest to make (after masculine cards) but this one is beautiful. Love the colors.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. ;)

Hugs,
Amy ♥